Overcoming Challenges (Week 8)

The material for week eight brought up some themes that I have always been told, but are particularly meaningful when thinking about my future plans. President Monson and Elder Holland both spoke on believing in your potential and ability to succeed with the Lord's help.

I loved how Elder Holland talked about coming home from his mission while experiencing a foggy vision of his future. It's hard when I can't adequately predict things that can and will happen. However, I am learning to more fully trust in my potential and that my Heavenly Parents want me to get there. His comparison of our lives to building a temple was especially profound:


“Know ye not that ye are the temple of God?” (1 Corinthians 3:16). Most assuredly you are. As long and laborious as the effort may seem, please keep shaping and setting the stones that will make your accomplishment “a grand and imposing spectacle.” Take advantage of every opportunity to learn and grow. Dream dreams and see visions. Work toward their realization. Wait patiently when you have no other choice. Lean on your sword and rest a while, but get up and fight again. Perhaps you will not see the full meaning of your effort in your own lifetime. But your children will, or your children’s children will, until finally you, with all of them, can give the Hosanna shout.Don’t be afraid to move forward with big plans."


I especially connected with the thought of being patient, "when you have no other choice." Raising children and going to school at the same time requires a lot of daily adjustments and course changes. However, it can be done.


I also appreciated Sister Holland's thoughts on connecting to the "powers of heaven." She emphasized using these powers to learn through our hearts and not just our heads. I see this as a third dimension that is not commonly emphasized but always available to us. There is so much we don't see that can help us along.

Lastly, I want to remember David Carrington's advice for increasing advice:-Increase number of customers-Increase frequency of purchase-Increase size of orderSuccess=Clearly know who you are and what brand is and consistently execute the brand-If you involve the Lord, HE will help you do great things -don’t underestimate yourself and the Lord


Comments

Popular Posts